Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Surrogates", the Movie

My husband and I went to see "Surrogates" this afternoon. It was a movie that historicizes "virtual reality".

"Surrogates" are robot type "models" of humanity that function for the individual in society. The living human being is "connected" to the surrogate via a "computorized system". "Surrogates" Live for the human, as the human only experiences their life within the confines of their "chair".

The meaning of the movie to me was how disconnected the "connected" were. Relationships were dissolved of intimacy and humans were denied their "humanity".

Is this where we are today, even though we don't "officially" function as a "surrogate" society?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Science faction is my favorite. I never missed even one science faction movie. But of course it was thriller action movie where Bruce Willis takes part for main role.

Source
http://blog.80millionmoviesfree.com/in-theaters/watch-surrogates-online