Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When Someone Lies

Lies affect many things; trust, perception, decisions, hope, desire, etc. Lies cannot be the basis of any ordered society, because the basis of any relationship is trust and the basic perception that decisions are based upon.

I had the T.V. on while I was painting today. Oprah had Andrew Young on, along with his wife. I didn't listen carefully to all the details, as these kinds of things make me sick, but the discussion was about the marital infidelity of Edwards. They were asked to lie for him. They depended on Edwards for their job and sustenance. What were they to do?

I can't understand why anyone would want to cover for another that is decieving thier wife. But, according to Andrew and his wife, Edwards made them think that his wife was about to die. This is horrendously blantant contempt for others, in my opinion. That is hard for me to swallow.

The costs were high for Andrew and his family. "O what a tangled web we weave...." (Shakespeare) rings so true.

No comments: